Adult Swim has announce that JACK IS BACK. Creator and executive producer Genndy Tartakovsky continues the epic story of Samurai Jack with a new season that will premiere on Adult Swim’s Toonami block in 2016. The new season is currently in production in Los Angeles at Cartoon Network Studios.
DC Comics Super-Villains and Super-Heroes reunite in the new half-hour Robot Chicken DC Comics Special III: Magical Friendship premiering Sunday, October 18th at Midnight (ET/PT) on Adult Swim. Season eight of Robot Chicken kicks off one week later.
Robot Chicken is teaming up with DC Comics again for a third rendezvous with villains and heroes in the Robot Chicken DC Comics Special III: Friendship Is Magic. The special and season eight of the Emmy Award®-winning series will premiere this fall on Adult Swim.
The Robot Chicken DC Comics Special III: Friendship Is Magic surrenders DC Comics multitude of Super Heroes and Super-Villains to the demented whims of the award-winning Robot Chicken for a triumphant third time. This time around, Batman and Superman’s bromance takes a competitive turn and the fate of the universe somehow hangs in the balance! The all-star cast includes Seth Green, Matt Senreich, Breckin Meyer, Alfred Molina, Nathan Fillion, Weird Al Yankovic, Alex Borstein, Giovanni Ribisi, Jonathan Banks, Mae Whitman, Hugh Davidson, Dee Bradley Baker, Zeb Wells, Kevin Shinick, plus Adam West and Burt Ward.
The Robot Chicken DC Comics Special III: Friendship Is Magic is executive produced by Robot Chicken creators Seth Green and Matthew Senreich and their Stoopid Buddy Stoodios partners, John Harvatine IV and Eric Towner, along with DC Entertainment Chief Creative Officer Geoff Johns, and President, Warner Bros. Animation and Warner Digital Series Sam Register. The special is directed by Tom Sheppard (Annoying Orange) and Zeb Wells. Head writers/co-executive producers Douglas Goldstein and Tom Root and co-executive producer Kevin Shinick are joined as writers by writer Mike Fasolo, as well as Hugh Davidson (Mike Tyson Mysteries), Green, J. T. Krul, Breckin Meyer, Senreich and Sheppard.
Robot Chicken uses stop-motion animation to bring pop-culture parodies to life in a modern take on the variety/sketch show format. The award-winning series began airing in February 2005 and remains among the top-rated original series on Adult Swim. Robot Chicken is executive produced by Robot Chicken creators Seth Green and Matthew Senreich and their Stoopid Buddy Stoodios partners, John Harvatine IV and Eric Towner. Green and Senreich also write, voice and with Tom Sheppard, direct the multiple Annie Award-winning series. Robot Chicken head writers/executive producers Douglas Goldstein and Tom Root are joined by season eight writers Deirdre Devlin, Jeff Eckman, Mike Fasolo, Shelby Fero, Joel Hurwitz, J.T. Krul, Jason Reich, Mehar Sethi, Sheppard, Erik Weiner and Brian Wysol.
Robot Chicken season eight has begun production with plans to get eight times the normal number of superstar actors to provide their voices for the show. (Correction: The previous sentence is financially impossible. Robot Chicken will feature our normal number of famous voice actors, which is a lot.)
DC Entertainment, home to iconic brands DC Comics (Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, The Flash), Vertigo (Sandman, Fables) and MAD, is the creative division charged with strategically integrating its content across Warner Bros. Entertainment and Time Warner. DC Entertainment works in concert with many key Warner Bros. divisions to unleash its stories and characters across all media, including but not limited to film, television, consumer products, home entertainment and interactive games. Publishing thousands of comic books, graphic novels and magazines each year, DC Entertainment is one of the largest English-language publisher of comics in the world.
Warner Bros. Animation (WBA) is one of the leading producers of animation in the entertainment industry, producing and developing both CG and traditionally animated projects for multiple platforms, both domestically and internationally. For TV, WBA produces series such as Teen Titans Go!, The Tom and Jerry Show and the upcoming Be Cool Scooby-Doo! and Wabbit – A Looney Tunes Production for Cartoon Network as well as Mike Tyson Mysteries for Cartoon Network’s Adult Swim. As the home of the iconic animated characters from the DC Comics, Hanna-Barbera, MGM and Looney Tunes libraries, WBA also produces highly successful animated films — including the DC Universe Animated Original Movies — for DVD. One of the most-honored animation studios in history, WBA has won six Academy Awards®, 35 Emmy® Awards, the George Foster Peabody Award, an Environmental Media Award, a Parents’ Choice Award, the HUMANITAS Prize, two Prism Awards and 20 Annie Awards (honoring excellence in animation).
Stoopid Buddy Stoodios is an artist-friendly collective that houses some of the finest talent in all of animation. The company has a knack for creating unique visuals and telling character driven stories with an uncanny sensibility. The company’s two-building campus and state-of-the-art facility located in Burbank, CA, makes it the largest studio specializing in stop-motion animation in California. The company’s work covers the animation gamut, ranging from charming hand-crafted animation all the way to high-end feature quality animation.
Adult Swim (AdultSwim.com), launched in 2001, is Turner Broadcasting System, Inc.’s network offering of original and acquired animated and live-action series for young adults. Airing nightly from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m. (ET/PT), Adult Swim is basic cable’s #1 network and is seen in 96 million U.S. homes.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc., a Time Warner company, creates and programs branded news, entertainment, animation and young adult media environments on television and other platforms for consumers around the world.
What happens when you combine the style of the Scooby Doo cartoons with the personality of one Mike Tyson? Believe it or not you get a pretty entertaining show entitled "Mike Tyson Mysteries." One thing Mike Tyson Mysteries does well is knowing it's identity. The show does exactly what it's design to do and the put Mike Tyson in strange situations and solve mysteries.Read More
We had a chat with the one and only Iron Mike Tyson this about his upcoming show at "Mike Tyson Mysteries" which will air on Adult Swim on Monday October 27th 2014. Mike talks about the concept of the show and more.Read More
Hey Otakus and Geeks Fans, New York Comic Con was amazing this year. One of the Highlights of the Con, was an Event thrown by Adult Swim on a Yacht. The Tyrannic Maiden Voyage was a RSVP only event that took fans on a cruise on the Hudson River around New York. Myself, Nice Guy J2P, and Nathaniel Huggins got our invites, boarded the yacht, and had no idea just what a great party this was going to be.Read More
|Granddad is confronted with a new roommate in season four of The Boondocks, premiering on Monday, April 21st at 10:30 p.m. (ET/PT) on Adult Swim.|
|Sarah and Tom DuBois have marital issues in season four of The Boondocks, premiering on Monday, April 21st at 10:30 p.m. (ET/PT) on Adult Swim.|
|Uncle Ruckus and Granddad square off in season four of The Boondocks, premiering on Monday, April 21st at 10:30 p.m. (ET/PT) on Adult Swim.|
|Granddad, Riley and Huey encounter financial woes in season four of The Boondocks, premiering on Monday, April 21st at 10:30 p.m. (ET/PT) on Adult Swim.|
Today Adult Swim announced there new shows and returning shows for the upcoming season. I'am happy to see that Robot Chicken DC Special is getting a sequel and Boondocks is getting season 4. Mike Tyson Mysteries sounds interesting, check out the official slate below.
New original series and specials:
· RICK AND MORTY – Rick and Morty is about a genius inventor grandfather and his less than genius grandson, and the journeys in life they share. From Dan Harmon (Community, Channel 101) and Justin Roiland. Animated half-hour.
· MR. PICKLES – In Mr. Pickles, the urban sprawl of modern society pollutes the old-fashioned town where the Goodman family lives with their lovable pet dog, Mr. Pickles, a deviant border collie with a secret satanic streak. From creators Will Carsola and Dave Stewart (Funny Or Die Presents Nick Swardson's Pretend Time). Animated quarter-hour.
· MIKE TYSON MYSTERIES - In the new animated comedy series Mike Tyson Mysteries, Mike Tyson is taking the fight from the boxing ring to the streets… by solving mysteries! Armed with a magical tattoo on his face and a trusty associate by his side — a talking pigeon — if you have a problem that needs solving, Iron Mike is in your corner. The series incorporates live-action appearances featuring Mighty Mike himself, and the gloves come off as the former heavyweight champ and his fowl-mouthed partner gear up for weekly adventures as they put unsolved mysteries — like how to defeat a super computer at chess or why a famous author/werewolf can’t finish his novel — down for the count. Animated quarter-hour from Warner Bros Animation.
· KING STAR KING – King Star King features a punk rock, modern day he-man who falls from the realm of the gods to land as a fry cook in a slummy waffle joint. King Star King must regain his memory to defeat the evil (and adorable) Spring Bunny and rescue his love, the megababe Princess Snow White. Only then will King Star King regain his rightful place in the heavens. From artist JJ Villard (Monsters Vs. Aliens). Animated quarter-hour.
· YOUR PRETTY FACE IS GOING TO HELL – This new live-action series from Adult Swim is a workplace comedy about Gary, an associate demon, as he attempts to capture souls on earth in order to climb the corporate ladder of the underworld. Gary hopes to advance in Hell, but he may be too stupid, lazy and kind-hearted to realize his dreams of promotion. Meanwhile, Gary’s intern Claude is more talented, more devious and will do whatever it takes to impress Satan. A Williams Street production, the show is created and directed by Dave Willis (Squidbillies, Aqua Teen Hunger Force) and Casper Kelly (Squidbillies, Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law, Stroker & Hoop). The series is currently presenting premiere episodes on Thursday nights at Midnight ET/PT on Adult Swim. Live-action quarter-hour.
· ROBOT CHICKEN DC COMICS SPECIAL II – Faster than a speeding bullet! Well, maybe not but quality takes time. Stoopid Buddy Stoodios, in partnership with DC Entertainment and Warner Bros. Animation, will premiere a sequel to their acclaimed Annie Award-winning Robot Chicken DC Comics Special in 2014. Robot Chicken DC Comics Special II brings you the awesomeness of the DC Comics universe of characters as only Robot Chicken can, with amazing guest stars and the stop-motion sketch comedy you've come to love after six seasons of the popular Adult Swim series. Executive producers for the second Robot Chicken DC Comics Special include Stoopid Monkey's Seth Green and Matthew Senreich, DC Entertainment Chief Creative Officer Geoff Johns, Warner Bros. Animation's Executive Vice President, Creative Affairs Sam Register, and Stoopid Buddy Stoodios' John Harvatine IV and Eric Towner.
· METALOCALPYSE: THE DOOM STAR REQUIEM – In Metalocalypse: The Doom Star Requiem, we pick up directly after the abduction of Dethklok guitarist Toki Wartooth in the season 4 finale. With his life in danger his only salvation can come from the four most selfish human celebrities on earth—his bandmates, extreme metal band DETHKLOK. Will they be able to get past their own egos to help someone besides themselves? Find out in this one-hour heavy metal rock opera special with a completely original score. Created by Brendon Small, Metalocalypse: The Doom Star Requiem airs in October. Animated one-hour special.
· HOT PACKAGE – Premiering in October on Adult Swim, Hot Package is a live-action fictional Canadian entertainment news program in vein of "Entertainment Tonight," "EXTRA," or "E! News.” Hot Package is created by and stars Derrick Beckles (TV Carnage), produced by Abso Lutely, with Derrick Beckles and Dave Kneebone as executive producers. Live-action quarter-hour.
Aaron McGruder Pilots –Two new live-action pilots from the creator of The Boondocks. Live-action quarter-hour and half-hour.
Tim & Eric’s Bedtime Stories: Zach’s Haunted House - Tim, Eric and Zach are elated to learn their grandfather has left them each $1,000 in his will. However, there's a catch. In order to collect the money, they must live in his haunted mansion for the rest of their lives. Are the three of them up for it? This Halloween special is written, directed and stars Tim Heidecker and Eric Wareheim (Tim and Eric Awesome Show, Great Job!) with Zach Galifianakis (The Hangover). Live-action half-hour.
Ghostbags – These three frat guys were douchebags while they lived, but now that they've died in a horrible car accident, absolutely nothing has changed. Created by Hayes Davenport (Eastbound and Down) and Guy Endore-Kaiser (Allen Gregory). Animated quarter-hour.
Hole to Hole - Hole to Hole follows the fabulous exploits of Ashleigh and Amelia Dangerhole, America’s sexiest billionaire detectives in a parody of ‘80s detective shows. From Pam Brady (South Park, Neighbors from Hell) and Arden Myrin (MADtv, Chelsea Lately). Live-action quarter-hour.
Filthy Sexy Teen$ – Filthy Sexy Teen$ follows the exploits of a group of teens (and one high school principal) as they attempt to climb the social ladder by any means possible, even if they have to use sex, lies, and murder to get there. It won't be easy in a school where everyone has a dark secret, and one mysterious teen is out to expose every one of them. Created by Curtis Gwinn (Walking Dead), Paul Scheer (The League, Human Giant) and Jonathan Stern (Childrens Hospital, Burning Love). Live-action quarter-hour.
Team Unicorn – Team Unicorn is a modern send-up of Saturday morning kids’ shows featuring a team of four sexy, culture-obsessed heroines who present darkly ironic twists on 80's cartoon tropes. From the creators of Robot Chicken. Live action/animation mix, quarter-hour.
Übermansion – From Stoopid Buddy Stoodios and the creators of Robot Chicken comes Übermansion, a glimpse into the mundane humanity of six superheroes all living in the same mansion. Created by Zeb Wells and Matthew Senreich, executive produced by Wells, Senreich, Seth Green, John Harvatine IV, Eric Towner and Bryan Cranston. Animated quarter-hour.
Untitled Cruise Ship Project – The corrupt employees of a trashy cruise ship are piloted into danger by their insane Scandinavian captain. Created by Matt Harrigan (Space Ghost Coast to Coast). Live-action quarter-hour.
AQUA TV SHOW SHOW
CHECK IT OUT! WITH DR. STEVE BRULE
THE ERIC ANDRE SHOW
THE GREATEST EVENT IN TELEVISION HISTORY
THE HEART, SHE HOLLER
OtakusandGeeks.com: Let’s start from the very beginning. How did the concept of Superjail come up?
Christy Karacas: We made a short film called “barfight” that adult swim saw and liked—it was a three minute ‘bar fight’ without any main characters or story-which you need for a TV series—so we came up with the idea of a show in a jail because you would always have an excuse for riots and violence and fighting. And then we added rainbows and all kinds of cutesy stuff on top because we love Dr. Suess and all that jazz.
OtakusandGeeks.com: Which was harder to create the storyline or the characters?
Steve Warbrick: The characters seem to be the harder of the two. In an 11 minute show it’s difficult to have characters that have more to them than just what you see.
Christy Karacas: For me I think the characters. I mean they’re super fun to draw but figuring out what makes them tick can be tough. I usually just have fun drawing them and THEN figure out what makes them tick.
OtakusandGeeks.com: Out of all the characters which one was one the biggest challenge to develop?
Christy Karacas: The Warden. It’s his show but in the beginning we weren't sure if he was really insane, or a genius or both. I think of him as a super selfish spoiled megalomaniac man child with A.D.D. and control issues.
Steve Warbrick: I think the Warden was the most difficult. He definitely took the longest to flush out. Partly because he is not so concrete. Pegging him down would have pigeon holed the show a bit.
OtakusandGeeks.com: Can you tell us on your decision on the final animation style for the show? Was there any previous styles or concepts for the show, how did you decide on this one?
Steve Warbrick: As a rule-we never have pop cultural references in the show. I feel like we try to take familiar situations and see how crazy we can make it. But who knows? I could be wrong and maybe a Miley Cyrus joke will stand the test of time.
Steve Warbrick: Hopefully a season 4…and some toys!
Season three of Superjail! premieres Sunday, September 30 at 12:15 a.m. (ET, PT) on Adult Swim. Photo Credit: Adult Swim
The Warden (center—voiced by David Wain, Childrens Hospital, Wanderlust) is Superjail’s enigmatic creator with inmates and Jailbot (state-of-the-art security bot) and Jared (voiced by Teddy Cohn). Season three of Superjail! premieres Sunday, September 30 at 12:15 a.m. (ET, PT) on Adult Swim. Photo Credit: Adult Swim
Alice (voiced by Superjail! co-creator, Christy Karacas), the head security guard, sets the rules and ruthlessly pummels any inmate brave and dumb enough to break them. Season three of Superjail! premieres Sunday, September 30 at 12:15 a.m. (ET, PT) on Adult Swim. Photo Credit: Adult Swim