A joint project from Square Enix and Sony Music Masterworks was announced. The two companies bring fan-selected tracks from the long awaited “FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE” and timeless masterpiece “FINAL FANTASY VII” packed into a limited-edition 2-LP picture disc releaseRead More
Our yearly E3 wrap up is here. Justin and Keenan return to Gamer's Tavern to discuss the best and worst of E3 2015. Keenan talks about his experience at E3 2015, his Street Fighter 5 story and reveals exclusive behind the scenes details on Shenmue 3. You don't want to miss this episode hit play now.Read More
1. Crisis Core & Advent Children: While Final Fantasy VII is an epic story in its self. The prequel and sequel are both worthy to be included in this remake release. I would like to see the remake, start off from Crisis Core to show where Cloud beginnings began. Since Cloud is the protagonist it will be great for newcomers to see how he became the Cloud we know from Final Fantasy VII. Crisis Core also gives great backstory on Aerith, Zack, Sephiroth and introduced a Final Fantasy baddie Genesis. Crisis Core is an important to the Final Fantasy VII lore because it shows the rise of Shrina, the fall of Sephiroth and the story of the Buster Sword.
Also adding the Advent Children movie with it will make the full story feel complete. Advent Children shows how Cloud deals with the events after Final Fantasy VII and Crisis Core. It ties up loose ends and gives closure for the character. I would love to have the movie playable in the remake. However if the film is just included with the game I will be satisfied.
2. Full Orchestrated Soundtrack: I know this is most likely will happen. However I want this game to be fully orchestrated by the Distant Worlds team. Final Fantasy is known for three things, story, gameplay and music by Nobuo Uematsu. A cinematic soundtrack will not only add to the tone of the game, but really bring players into that world.
3. Crisis Core Gameplay and Original Gameplay: I don't think Square Enix will have the turned based gameplay for the remake. I would like to see the gameplay style of Final Fantasy VII Crisis Core implemented for the remake. While I love the original gameplay. I think a more action rpg approach like Crisis Core would do the remake justice. Square Enix should give us the option for those who like the new way of playing Final Fantasy games and the old style for purist.
4. Full Voice Acting Cast: Final Fantasy VII is beloved by many people. As much as I enjoyed the cast of Advent Children. I think it's time for a recast. I would like to voice actors like Troy Baker, Matt Mercer, Laura Bailey and many more in the roles for the remake.
5. Dirge of Cerberus DLC: While the game had its problems it's still part of the Final Fantasy VII lore. After Advent Children Final Fantasy VII character Vincent had his own story. The game explored greatly on Vincent character and reintroduced Genesis. The gameplay should be revamp to reflect today's modern day shooters. This will be a nice 20 bucks DLC for those who want the complete Final Fantasy VII experience.
What would you like to see in Final Fantasy VII remake? Leave a comment below.