Posted by Justin D Williams
The 2018 Tribeca Film Festival, presented by AT&T, opened at the Beacon Theater this evening with a look in to the world of celebrated Emmy® and Grammy® award-winning comedian Gilda Radner who became a cultural icon the moment audiences first laughed with her on Saturday Night Live’s debut episode. Love, Gilda, presented by CNN Films, is directed and produced by Lisa D’Apolito. It weaves together audiotapes, rare home movies, diary entries, and interviews with her friends and those inspired by her.
Tina Fey introduced the film to a sold out audience and got emotional speaking about Gilda’s legacy and her influence on female comedians. Following the premiere, the Festival opening continued at Tavern on the Green.
- Tribeca co-founders Robert De Niro and Jane Rosenthal
- EVP of Tribeca Enterprises Paula Weinstein
- Tribeca Film Festival Director Of Programming Cara Cusumano
- Director/ Producer Lisa D'Apolito
- Producers Bronwyn Berry, Meryl Goldsmith, and James Tumminia
- Executive Producers Alan Zweibel and Robin Zweibel
- Additional guests included: Billy Crystal, Tina Fey, Cobie Smulders, Chevy Chase, Keegan Michael Key, Paul Shaffer, Richard Kind, Gilbert Gottfried, Justin Bartha, Alysia Reiner, Ray Liotta, Derek Waters, Jennifer Westfeldt, and Laraine Newman
When: Wednesday, April 18, 2018
Where: Beacon Theater