Pioneering entertainment and media company Rooster Teeth announced today that RWBY©: Grimm Eclipse is now available worldwide for the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system and Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft. RWBY©: Grimm Eclipse is rated T for Teen (ESRB) in the USA. In Europe,RWBY©: Grimm Eclipse is rated 12 (PEGI). The game is available for US$19.99 and €18.90.
RWBY©: Grimm Eclipse is a four-player, online co-op, hack and slash game based upon Rooster Teeth’s international hit series RWBY. Fans and players will experience RWBY like never before with new locations, new enemies and a brand new storyline that keeps the combat intense and the action nonstop.
“Since its inception in 2013, RWBY has developed a highly devoted fan-base from around the world, with more than 150M+ views. Rooster Teeth, along with our development partner Panic Button, are really excited to deliver RWBY: Grimm Eclipse on PS4™ and Xbox One and offer fans a whole new way to experience the RWBY universe,” said Michael Hadwin, Games Director, Rooster Teeth.
With an original storyline stemming from the series, RWBY: Grimm Eclipse is a fast and powerful brawler packed with nonstop action. Players take on the role as one of the four Huntresses – Ruby, Weiss, Blake, and Yang – and fight against the mysterious Dr. Merlot who has returned to wreak havoc on the World of Remnant with his mutant Grimm creations.
RWBY©: Grimm Eclipse Features:
- 4 Player Online Co-op (Multiplayer)
- Each of the four characters has unique, unlockable abilities and upgrades
- Experience an exclusive storyline with new locations, enemies, and a new villain never before seen in the show
- Full voiceovers from the cast of the show, plus new voice talent
- Ranked challenges, unlocks, and achievements/trophies
- Horde Mode featuring 3 unique maps focused on intense co-op action, strategy, and defense turrets. Protect security nodes and survive waves of Grimm!
- Rooster Teeth is also offering Team JNPR, downloadable content (DLC) for both PS4 (available today) and Xbox One (available January 18th) for $4.99 USD, €4.72. Team JNPR features four fan-favorite characters - Jaune Arc, Nora Valkyrie, Pyrrha Nikos, and Lie Ren. These all new, fully voiced characters can be played in the Story campaign and in Horde Mode. Each character has its own unique combat style, upgradeable skills, and new trophies to collect.
“It has been an amazing experience to work with Rooster Teeth to deliver RWBY: Grimm Eclipse and the mega-popular RWBY property to the console gaming community,” said Adam Creighton, Studio GM, Panic Button. “The frenetic combat, online teamplay elements, and nonstop action of RWBY: Grimm Eclipse make it a fun, engaging way to experience the world of RWBY.”
RWBY©: Grimm Eclipse was released on Steam for PC and Mac in July 2016 and was a top five game in sales at launch. The console games were co-developed with Austin-based developer Panic Button. For more information on RWBY©: Grimm Eclipse please visitwww.RWBYgame.com or join the fight against Grimm at https://www.facebook.com/RT.RWBY/. Videos and more can be viewed at https://www.youtube.com/roosterteeth. For quick updates, check out RWBY: Grimm Eclipse at https://twitter.com/RWBYgame.